Sunday, August 19, 2018

Summer in New York and Utah

In June I went and explored the city. I went to Artichoke Pizza and saw the High Line.  I had articoke pizza, so pizza with artichokes on it. I loved it. If anyone comes to visit I would suggest it.  "The High Line is a 1.45-mile-long elevated linear park, green way and rail trail. It was created on a former New York Central Railroad spur on the west side of Manhattan in New York City." (Wikipedia) I also went to the Pint Shop. The Pint Shop is an ice cream shop museum. It was so fun. I like the different flavors and you can try all 7. The flavors are Vanillionaire: plain vanilla, Cherrylicious: tastes like cherry, Churro Churro: basically ice cream with churro flavoring and has churro chunks, Chocolate Chrush: chocolate flavored, Pinata: this one had cookie pieces, sprinkles, wafer cookies in it, Sprinkle pool: ice cream with sprinkles, and last Nana Banana: banana flavored. I liked the churro. My favorite part of the museum was the place you could take pictures in a fake cherry.

For most of June and July I had to work so I stayed in New York. For the 4th of July, I did go across the east river and watched the fireworks from the other side. I went with a group from my ward and we had a BBQ. I enjoyed it a lot. I got to know more people in my ward and make new friends.

At the end of July the girls I nanny went to  a sleep away camp. The girls go to a sleep away camp in Pennsylvania and it's a Jewish camp for them so they like it.  I got a couple of weeks off. So I was able to fly back to Utah and spent the time with family.

The first week I was in Utah, I took the opportunity to make sacred covenants in the Draper, Utah Temple. This was my first time making these covenants and I have been able to review these covenants by going to other temples. It was such a great experience and I was able to come closer to my Heavenly Father.
Later I spent time with family and friends. I did take a weekend trip to Logan to visit my sister and some of my closest friends. It was nice hanging with friends. We went to a Rodeo, shopping, talked, and just had fun.
I got to see my nephew and babysat him, which was the best. I just love that boy so much. I babysat while is parents where at work, we went to park and played. My brother and sister in law came and we played in the backyard. He's a typical little boy and loves dirt.











No comments:

Post a Comment